7 posts tagged January 2012
January 31st 2012
I can’t believe how warm it has been lately, almost feels like late Spring. Just one year ago the whole Midwest was slammed with one of the worst blizzards in history. We were still living in California but visiting Oklahoma, so I kept that little storm in mind when I pictured living through winter here in the Midwest. Bare legs was not something I had envisioned enjoying.
BFF and stylist to my hairy head, Kelsi, is here this week. She arrived Monday night and we’ve been frolicking around the city eating pizza and cupcakes, as predicted. We even scouted some thrift stores to check out later this week.
Most importantly, she cut my bangs first thing. Thank goodness, I was a little dangerous on the roads with that hazard in my face.
Let’s hear it for Kelsi who took my photos without a me twisting her arm and most importantly without an eye roll (ahem, husband).
- suze wears clothes brings us words of inspiration each and every Sunday. I love this week’s installment, especially this colorful quote on joy! (find suze wears clothes on twitter!)
- gs lillian found these adorable “spike” necklaces at Target… pop on by her blog to see what other fun pieces she found - including a few that are perfect for Valentine’s Day! (find gs lillian on twitter!)
- my soul is the sky is back with another great hair tutorial - this one, the ‘bohemian side braids’ look great on her and have inspired me to try a similar style! (find my soul is the sky on twitter!)
- what the frock recreates an outfit featuring a neon skirt, a cozy sweater and an unusual hem-line. Sound like fun? It is! (find what the frock on twitter!)
- live a lot goes for the all black outfit. Do you ever fall back on this simple outfit formula? It happens to be one of my favorites! Check out her look!
- rachael really looks stunning in stripes and faux fur. Then she adds red wellies and a pearl necklace for the win! (find rachael really on twitter!)
- free to be stacia lee is hosting a giveaway for a gorgeous amethyst necklace. Stop by her blog to enter! (find free to be stacia lee on twitter!)
- here & now sports the perfect weekend outfit and looks fabulous doing it! Especially since she had just run a 5K that day! You go girl!
- fabulously average is rocking what she calls “the new neutrals” - and I couldn’t agree with her more, they totally are! What are the “new neutrals”? You’ll have to stop by her blog to find out! (find fabulously average on twitter!)
- behind the dressing room door has the perfect accessory for cold winter days - a bold and colorful scarf! See how she styled it! (find behind the dressing room door on twitter!)
- the capital barbie tracks down some absolute darling bowed-tops. I love how feminine and flirty these tops are! (find the capital barbie on twitter!)
- sweetie pie style takes this mint green maxi dress and styles it three ways that are perfect for late winter into spring! It’s so versatile! (find sweetie pie style on twitter!)
- a fashion fixation introduces us to a new online shop called Vestique - have you heard of it? I love their bold and colorful selection, like this blazer! (find a fashion fixation on twitter!)
- the tiemann girls are showing off their gorgeous taupe finds from Target! Taupe never looked so good ladies! (find the tiemann girls on twitter!)
- stay in the lines makes homemade oreo cookies. I think I know how I’ll be spending a cold, winter Saturday in my near future - baking and eating these! (find stay in the lines on twitter!)
- gs lillian says “yes” to the sweater skirt. She seriously rocks this look and has me wanting a sweater skirt for myself! (find gs lillian on twitter!)
- rachael, really makes “four eyes” look impossibly chic. Go check out her new glasses and fabulous red shoes! (find rachael, really on twitter!)
- the tiemann girls are crushing on Essie’s new spring nail colors! And because they are loving them so much they are giving some away! Check out their little giveaway.
- suze wears clothes is winter-chic, which is a common theme here today! I love her cozy winter look! (find suze wears clothes on twitter!)
- fabulously average is rocking one of my favorite dresses (which happens to be on super sale right now!) while in Florida. This look is gorgeous on her! (find fabulously average on twitter!)
- free to be stacia lee is keeping warm in bright pink! I love bold colors like this for winter, it makes the grey days bearable!
- my soul is the sky found the perfect red lipstick! Find out where she bought it and see how it looks on her (hint: very pretty!). (find my soul is the sky on twitter!)
- the capital barbie is crushing on grape-hues. And how fabulous is this handbag in purple? You will love the price too! (find the capital barbie on twitter!)
- what the frock has a fun celebrity copycat look featuring Kristen Bell. I love this outfit for Valentines or a fun date night! (find what the frock on twitter!)
- live a lot has another fun winter look - she went without tights, but if it’s cooler where you are, just add tights! Check out her look.
- here and now is sporting winter white! I absolutely love this look if you have the guts to pull it off - I’m glad here and now reminded me how fun this is! (find here and now on twitter!)
- behind the dressing room door takes us into the dressing room again for another fun “try on” session. I am loving this unique top that is long in the back and short in the front! Cute! (find behind the dressing room door on twitter!)
- sweetie pie style found these super fun crocheted flats from The Sak that are so bright and fun for spring! Check out more styles on her blog as well. (find sweetie pie style on twitter!)
- a fashion fixation is rocking one of my favorite trends that was here and then gone and is now back! Boyfriend jeans. Check out how she styles them! (find a fashion fixation on twitter!)
- suze wears clothes tries something new (to her)… you know that feeling when you take a leap of faith with your wardrobe and it works? Love it! Check out what she wore! (find suze wears clothes on twitter!)
- the tiemann girls offer up some eye candy and a thought on fairy tales… do you still read them? Believe in them? Maybe you should (if you don’t)!
- rachael, really says sequins aren’t always for the evening… I couldn’t agree more. Check out her gorgeous (and cozy!) winter sequined look. (find rachael, really on twitter!)
- gs lillian takes dressing monochromatically to a dramatic (and gorgeous!) new level. Check out her red, red, red look! (find gs lillian on twitter!)
- fabulously average has a sneak peek of Jason Wu’s new collaboration line for Target. Check out her favorites - there are some really great pieces here! (find fabulously average on twitter!)
- see me rwar is wearing hot pink pants. Enough said, right? Check out how she styles them! (find see me rwar on twitter!)
- what the frock? gives us a super cute ‘celebrity copycat’ look from the always stylish Pippa Middleton. Check out how she recreates the look! (find what the frock? on twitter!)
- my soul is the sky never fails with great hair tutorials, I love this ‘braided headband’ video - I seriously need to try this! (find my souls is the sky on twitter!)
- free to be stacia lee has some fun mixing and matching patterns. Have you ever tried this? I love her mix - stop by and see what it is! (find free to be stacia lee on twitter!)
- live a lot sports a fun winter outfit in the snow - you have to check out her amazing triple twist hair do! Whoa! Gorgeous!
- the capital barbie features chains and ribbons… a little tough and a little lady-like, these jewelry pieces are very hot right now! (find the capital barbie on twitter!)
- sweetie pie style is showing off some shoe eye-candy! I am in LOVE with this navy and gold version of this wedge. So gorgeous! (find sweetie pie style on twitter!)
- behind the dressing room door takes you into the dressing room showing side by side comparisons of the stock photo and the piece of clothing actually tried on. This is a really cool post - I love the lace back dress. Gorgeous! (find behind the dressing room door on twitter!)
- here & now wonders if you’ve gotten on the denim on denim bandwagon? She resisted for a while… but now she’s loving the look. You?
- fabulously average makes 2012 the year of the “better me” instead of the “new me” - I love this way of thinking! Check out how she’s going to do it! (find fabulously average on twitter!)
- gs lillian says what most style bloggers are all thinking right about now - it’s a little cold to be taking pictures without coats on! So include your very cute coats, like she did, in your photos! (find gs lillian on twitter!)
- suze wears clothes starts her year off with some inspiring words… check out her cute and very inspiring quote round-up! (find suze wears clothes on twitter!)
- rachael, really is looking fab in stripes and chambray - a match made in heaven! Stop by her blog to check out her fun outfits and hear about her big move! (find rachael, really on twitter!)
- my soul is the sky has a super easy and ingenious tutorial on how to cut your own side bangs - totally makes me want bangs again. You will want to see this if you have bangs or could be easily swayed into getting them! (find my soul is the sky on twitter!)
- sweetie pie style kicks off 2012 with a new series “On the Hunt”. Let her be your personal shopper for any home, clothing or beauty items you are searching out! (find sweetie pie style on twitter!)
- the tiemann girls are resolving to eat more veggies this year… check out how they do it with limited time and on a budget!
- one hundred inspirations presents the LB(leather)Dress… the ‘little black leather dress’. This style is really gaining momentum and is seriously hot! Check out how to get the look for less.
- free to be stacia lee sports some subtle sparkles for the New Year… check out her laid back look. (find free to be stacia lee on twitter!)
- the capital barbie rounds up lace accessories… how beautiful are these bright pink lace earrings? Make sure to see her other picks too! (find the capital barbie on twitter!)
- good life has been seeing gorgeous sorbet hues pop up in the stores in this New Year… and they aren’t just for spring! You can add them to your wardrobe now! (find good life on twitter!)