6 posts tagged February 2012
Did you all enjoy the Oscars last night? I attended a fun party thrown by Rachel of Pencil Shavings — girl knows how to decorate for a party. I came home with glitter dusted all over me and rainbow colored bits of popcorn stuck between my teeth.
February 26th 2012
I’m going to wear pleated floor length chiffon at all times, from now on. This skirt flows with such elegance, I felt like one of the presenters on stage. It frolicked around my feet and legs with such whimsy that I might have done a little twirl, but only at home, in the company of the puppy.
I almost had nothing to wear to this little shindig, but at the last second (I had my keys in hand for a quick thrift store trip) I remembered this skirt. Okay, I lied. I never forgot about it. How could I? I bought it for the Texas Style Council in a few weeks, squirreling it away, saving it for the right moment.
So if you see me in March at the convention wearing a bright yellow maxi skirt, just smile and nod. And if you’re one of my roommates (Joanne, Genny and Kelly.) and you see me crawling into bed wearing a bright yellow maxi skirt, just smile and nod.
Many thanks to Rachel Shingleton for the following photos.
- good clean fun has the key to getting your favorite Girl Scout cookies all year long - a recipe to the oft sought after Samosas! They look amazing! (find good clean fun on twitter!)
- here and now finds the perfect mint colored jeans. She will clue you in on how she found them and compare other options out there for you. These are so cute! (find here and now on twitter!)
- gs lillian scored these darling cat-eye sunglasses for a steal! Check out where! (find gs lillian on twitter!)
- sweetie pie style is obsessed with color blocked sandals for spring. I am loving these styles too and can’t wait to add a pair to my wardrobe. Check out her picks! (find sweetie pie style on twitter!)
- rachael really is looking just adorbs in double stripes! I love this look for spring…. (find rachael really on twitter!)
- along abbey road pairs a pink blazer with a leopard print top! I’m absolutely in love with this combo! (find along abbey road on twitter!)
- the capital barbie rounds up the best kitten heels. I love this shoe silhouette, it’s perfect for a busy lady! (find the capital barbie on twitter!)
- one hundred inspirations recreates a classic and bold Olivia Palermo look for less!
- the tiemann girls have another round up of Austin eats - for all you gals heading to the Texas Style Council. Check out their picks and make note! (found the tiemann girls on twitter!)
- live a lot sports some super cute patterned tights! A great way to add some fun to your outfit as the winter comes to a close. (find live a lot on twitter!)
- suze wears clothes has three great outfits featuring your favorite boots - but I love that these outfits have a hint of spring in them. The best of both seasons! (find suze wears clothes on twitter!)
- gs lillian is inspired by coral and aqua for spring… stop by to check out this gorgeous color combination and you will be inspired too! (check out gs lillian on twitter!)
- the capital barbie shares this chocolate cream cheese cupcake recipe - as if we haven’t had enough chocolate this week! But this looks too good to pass up! (find the capital barbie on twitter!)
- rachael really found the perfect sweater - don’t you love it when that happens? Check out where she found it and how she styles it! (find rachael really on twitter!)
- suze wears clothes lays out three fun outfits featuring a simple red top… I especially like this dressed-up/dressed-down look featuring classic All-Stars! (find suze wears clothes on twitter!)
- stay in the lines styles up a perfect winter outfit featuring a great pair of red skinny jeans - see how she styles them and what her perfect winter day is! (find stay in the lines on twitter!)
- good clean fun makes champagne cake pops and they look amazing and delicious! Check out her handy work and the recipe! (find good clean fun on twitter!)
- here and now snags the uber-popular leopard print skinnies that are all the rage these days for a great price! See her secret source! (find here and now on twitter!)
- live a lot somehow finds a way to look amazing when she isn’t feeling great - I think the cozy scarf and sunglasses have something to do with it!
- sweetie pie style has gorgeous garden inspiration… I know it’s just what I need on these gloomy winter days. Check out her finds and get inspired to start working in your own garden very soon! (find sweetie pie style on twitter!)
- along abbey road is looking stylish yet casual in simple gingham - stop by her blog to commiserate with her “first world blogger problems.” We’ve all been there! (find along abbey road on twitter!)
- the tiemann girls round up their favorite eats in Austin - just in time for Texas Style Council. I am for sure taking notes here! (find the tiemann girls on twitter!)
- 100 inspirations features an Ali Larter look for less (and lesser!) - check out how you can get the bold red look for yourself!
February 11th 2012
I’m not sure when the love affair began, probably shortly after I made the split second decision to get my red wellies. The day I debuted them, I also ventured out on a ledge and wore a bright red lip — the post is here. Both were big steps toward my comfort in dressing and styling myself. Now I wear gobs of this color every week. In fact, I had to mentally make a note to stop buying things exclusively in red. Pink has become my new object of love, and so I picked up these same pants in a sweet bubble gum pink just this weekend.
I think wearing red pants is less shocking now than it was just a year ago. I can clearly remember a post from my friend Jill over at Good Life where she had on a pair of bright red pants (with a neutral top, mind you) and she made a comment about how possibly her little town wasn’t ready for red pants, as she garnered a few stares that day.
Let’s round about back to my original point — I love red, and you should too. Don’t be afraid to throw large pieces of it into your everyday attire. It goes well with neutrals like black, white and camel but it can also look fresh and punchy with pink, orange, blue and purple. Take it beyond a holiday staple color by pairing it with pastels (I know it sounds crazy, but a sweet lilac with a striking red would be amazing!) and if you’re not ready for a saturated red lip like mine, you can always try a simple lip stain, like Benetint, for a flush of red.
(by the way, it was 21 degrees outside and my husband lost function of his fingers at some point, hence the lack of more than 3 pictures.)
- rachael really is sporting a fun pink jacket just in time for Valentines Day. And check out her fun V-day inspired manicure! (find rachael really on twitter!)
- gs lillian has got a Valentine’s inspired outfit going on too! I love pairing pink and red together - especially this time of year! (find gs lillian on twitter!)
- the tiemann girls went shopping at the Gap recently… check out their fun finds. I’m loving the pops of neon! (find the tiemann girls on twitter!)
- suze wears clothes found the perfect casual weekend outfit! Leopard print and leggings - score! (find suze wears clothes on twitter!)
- the capital barbie tracks down fun color blocked pieces in green - a color that I am definitely loving for spring! (find the capital barbie on twitter!)
- stay in the lines pairs bright neon with winter neutrals for a really great look! And I love her little red sequined heart pin - cute! (find stay in the lines on twitter!)
- good clean fun brings us the perfect Valentine’s Day cocktail - the Whipped Cosmopolitan! Check out how to make it! (find good clean fun on twitter!)
- a fashion fixation says there is nothing like putting on brand new clothes! I’m sure there are a lot of gals out there that feel the same! Check out her new pieces. (find a fashion fixation on twitter!)
- here and now brings us a fun new spin on maxi skirts for spring… check out how she’s inspired to wear them these days! (find here and now on twitter!)
- along abbey road seriously rocks this sequined beanie! So cute… check out how she styles it with a simple outfit for a classic look. (find along abbey road on twitter!)
- sweetie pie style found these sweet little air plants in sea urchins on Etsy - are they cute or what? Check out what other goodies she has her eye on these days for the home. (find sweetie pie style on twitter!)
- one hundred inspirations recreates this fun Michelle Williams look. I am absolutely loving her bright blue pants and white blazer!
- live a lot is deciding on the perfect dress for her bridal shower. Pop on by and see here selections and put in your two cents!